Thursday, July 17, 2008

Alexander Rosenbaum - "On the plantations of love" (translated from Russian by Rina)

Again my night is dark and my day is white
Whose fault it is that you are the only one in my life?
Even yesterday, I was different...
I miss you so much, my love.

Even yesterday, I couldn't say these words,
Even though your eyes were adoring me with warmth.
Now I became your slave.
And I am not asking to be freed.

On the plantations of love, there are no locks or keys.
I am not going to run away, don't try to catch me. Why?
When you are far, I can't move my hands and I can't find a rhyme.
I tried to sing, but my voice was breaking and the melody was escaping me.

I feel good when the fire is burning in my soul.
When I feel that I am necessary to protect you from the enemies
If you command me, in that moment,
I am going to catch an arrow in flight, for you, my love.

Like a stretched string, my soul is ringing and screaming!
Forgive me for what's to come - I live in a hurry.
I was born out of love, I came to this world to find you in a crowd,
And to take you by the hand, forgetting that it's not allowed, and to sing you these words.

The first ray of sunshine, the light from a lamp, cold tea...
My eyes hurt from the cigarettes, my head is pulsating
There is a cat on a roof with a tale up to the sky.
The cat and I miss you, my love!

On the plantations of love, there are no locks or keys
I am not going to run away, don't try to catch me - why?
When you are far, I can't move my hands and I can find a rhyme
I tried to sing, but my voice was breaking and the melody was escaping me.

No comments: