Friday, November 1, 2013

About time



Time flies, people say...
Questions swirl and dance on the floor of my mind:

How did it become November?
Did I feel everything I was meant to feel?
Will it get windy and cold and will it be alright?
Will I still remember what I must not forget?
Have I become better?

Time flies, they say...
Life smiles a frank smile: "Too fast for you kid?"

And answers swirl around the ceiling of my soul:
November came simply and quietly after October, as it should have, as it always does.
You felt what you should have, as you always do, as you always will.
It will get windy and cold, but it is going to be alright, as it always is, as it always has been.
Your mind won't remember but your soul will, as it always does, as it always will.
You have become more of who you are, as you are meant to be, as you always will be.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Beautiful -- you always get it right Rina. I feel time slipping by and I too hope my soul is growing, I too hope I am living mindfully and seeing and feeling and learning everything I'm meant to. I too hope I am making a difference in the lives of those who need what I have the capacity to do and what I have the capacity to give

Fanny Lawren 梵婗 said...

Lovely piece.